- You never get over somebody you really love.
- They do not love that do not show their love.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- Fear is not a disease of the body; fear kills the soul.
- An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.
- I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only
temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
- I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination
is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
- Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18.
- Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love.
- If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play.
Z is keep your mouth shut.
- Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit
with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.
- A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the
babysitter were worth it.
Wizard of Oz:
- Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk
if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.